An easy to make milktart with condensed milk and digestive biscuits.
1. For the crust: Melt the butter for the crust.
2. Mix the sugar into the crushed biscuits.
3. Add the melted butter to the crushed biscuits and press into a tart pan or a round pyrex dish.
4. For the filling: In a medium pot heat the milk, water and condensed milk over a medium heat, stirring until steam starts to rise from the pot.
5. Mix the cornflour and sugar with about 30ml of water to make a paste.
6. Add the cornflour mixture to the heated milk while constantly stirring.
7. Allow this mixture to simmer over a medium heat for 5-10 minutes until the mixture starts to thicken. Stir with a whisk to prevent lumps.
8. Remove the mixture from the heat and allow to cool for a couple of minutes.
9. Whisk the eggs with a fork and add to the thickened milk custard, stirring well with a whisk to make sure there are no lumps.
10. Add back to the heat and allow to come to a boil for a minute or two- take care not to burn the bottom.
11. Remove from the heat and quickly stir in the vanilla and tablespoon of butter.
12. Pour the mixture over the biscuit base and sprinkle the cinnamon over the top. Place in the refrigerator for an hour or two.
This filling can also be poured into a pre-prepared crust, just make sure it does not require baking.