I looooove a fudgy brownie! These brownies are so easy to make and because they are so simple you can add any number of flavourings to this base recipe. I had a jar of Maltesers’ Tease spread handy so I added this (to die for!!), but feel free to add Nutella, chopped nuts, white chocolate chips or even tiny marshmallows.
This recipe does not use melted chocolate but makes use of bittersweet cacao which gives it a rich and slightly bitter flavour. They are deliciously soft, fudgy and moist and so simple even a child could make them. Let me know what you added and if you love them as much as I do!
MALTESERS BROWNIE RECIPE
120 g butter
15 ml vegetable oil
1 1/4 cups granulated sugar
3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon vanilla essence
2 large eggs
1/2 cup flour, all purpose
2 teaspoons baking powder
3 tablespoons Nutella, Maltesers teasers spread
- Preheat the oven to 160°C and put an oven rack in the centre of the oven.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. The baking sheet needs to be at least 5cm deep as the brownies rise initially.
- To make the batter add 5-8cm water to a pot and bring to a simmer. In a heat-proof bowl add the butter, oil, sugar, and cocoa and allow to melt over the simmering water. Make sure the water doesn’t touch the bottom of the bowl. Stir occasionally until it forms a uniform slightly grainy mixture. Remove from the heat and allow to cool for a minimum of 5 minutes.
- When the mixture has cooled stir in the vanilla essence. Then, add the eggs one at a time stirring vigorously to incorporate well. The mixture will become thick and shiny.
- In a separate bowl mix the flour and baking powder. Add this to the chocolate mixture and stir well until the mixture is smooth.
- Transfer to the prepared baking sheet. Dot the Maltesers Tease spread over the batter making sure it is distributed evenly.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, the mixture will still feel slightly soft after it is removed from the oven.
- Allow to cool for 10 minutes before removing from the baking sheet to cool further.
- Cut and enjoy!